Will I have to pay sales tax on my order?
Sales tax is dependent upon the state to which you will have the order shipped. Sales tax is calculated at checkout.
How do I place an order by phone?
To place an order by phone, please call 888-594-8763 and one of our team members will assist you.
What types of payment do you accept?
We accept all major credit cards, Apple Pay, Shopify Payment, Google Pay, and PayPal.
How long will it take for my return to be processed?
Once we receive your item, we will process your return and submit your refund within one business day. The amount of time before the refund will be available in your account may vary and is dependent upon your banking or payment institution.
How do I track my order’s processing and shipment?
You will receive email updates on the processing of your order as well as confirmation of shipment. When your order is shipped you will receive a tracking number for the package.
How long will it take for items to ship once I've placed my order?
All order placed prior to 4pm on a business day will be processed and shipped out that day. Orders received after 4pm, on weekends or on holidays will be shipped on the next business day.
How long will it take to receive my order?
Shipping time depends upon the shipment method chosen at checkout.
What is the cost of shipping for my order?
Shipping cost is also dependent upon the shipping method chosen at checkout, as well as the size and weight of the items being shipped.
Do you offer international shipping?
Yes, we do offer international shipping.
EXCHANGE & RETURNS
How do I return items from my order?
18th Amendment offers refunds or exchanges for merchandise returned within 14 days of delivery. Items must be unworn, in original packaging with any tags still attached. Refunds will be made to the original form of payment. If you would like to return or exchange and item, please reach out via our contact form and one of our team members will be in touch to help you arrange the shipment.
What if I want to exchange my items for something else?
Our stock is extremely limited, so if you would like to exchange an item for another size or color we strongly recommend that you order the new item right away and then initiate a return for the original item. All returns must be shipped within 14 days of delivery.
Can I ship my order to a P.O. Box?
We strongly recommend not shipping your order to a PO Box as some of our garment ship on the hanger in an upright garment box
Do you charge for returns?
We do not charge for domestic returns within the continental US. Customs outside the continental US will be responsible for the cost of the return shipment.
Returned items must be unworn, unwashed, and in salable condition (in their original packaging or equivalent with all tags and labels still attached)
Per distance selling regulations, we do not accept returns on the following items: underwear, swimwear, socks, and custom items (unless it is faulty or an 18th Amendment error)
18th Amendment will not refund return postage or pay any import charges on returned items unless they are faulty or a result of our error. Any items with unpaid customs will not be accepted
If you believe you’ve received a damaged or defective item, please contact our team and be sure to include the following information:
The original order number & your current shipping address Photographs of the defective or damaged item Description of how the product was fitting
Cancellation of Order
We have made our website as user friendly as possible, however we do understand that purchasing online can sometimes be awkward, if you do place an order incorrectly and need to cancel, please contact us as soon as possible, as goods may be shipped on the same day or the day after ordering
How do I take care of my items?
Care instructions vary based on the individual item. Please review the care instructions listed in the product description on the Shopsection of our website.
What if I have a question that is not answered here?
Please contact our team with any questions you have and we will reply within one business day.
I saw a product on your online platform previously, but can’t find it again. Can I still purchase this item?
Items are removed from our site once they are sold out. If an item is no longer visible, it is unfortunately no longer available for purchase.
If something is sold out, will it be replenished?
Our items are exclusive to each collection release and will not be replenished once sold out. If you see an item that you wish to purchase, we recommend that you do not wait to order as our quantities are limited.
What makes you different from other tailors?
18th Amendment falls into a unique space because we’d like to say we're in between Custom and Made to Measure. Let us explain…All of our clients' patterns are made from scratch using the 30 body measurements our clothiers take. Our garments are not based off a set block pattern, then adjusted. Our master tailors use the body measurements to create a unique pattern for every customer, cut fabric to the pattern and create garments. So our fitting and make is a Custom make, however we have set house styles like Made to Measure. They were designed by our Creative Head Angel Ramos, who gets much of his inspiration from the Golden Age. So in regards to design, clients get to choose from our styles of lapel widths, for example, while their Clothier guides them to which model is most appropriate for their specific frame.
Where are 18th Amendment garments made?
All of our garments are made by our master tailors from around the world, at one of two tailoring facilities located in Italy and China.
How are adjustments handled?
During your second fitting your Clothier will determine, with you, whether any adjustments need to be made. Any adjustments that need to be made are conducted in-house at no cost to the client, for up to three months from the time of delivery.
In the unusual event a garment cannot be adjusted reasonably, 18th Amendment will arrange for the client to be re-fitted and the garment will be remade. There is no cost to the client undergoing this process.
Please note that we will not be responsible for alterations due to weight gain or loss once the garment is completed. If alterations are needed due to weight fluctuation they will be made at the client’s expense. Any changes made after the garment has been completed that deviate from the original instructions and/or styling of the garments will be made at the client’s expense. It is the client’s responsibility to properly care for his/her garments and thus we are not responsible for wear and tear of the garments.
How are your garments priced?
Our garments are priced based upon the specific fabric chosen by the client. Our suiting starts at $1,295 and shirting starts at $225.
How does payment work?
18th Amendment offers the option to pay in full up front or pay a 50% deposit. If paying a deposit, the second half of payment will be collected once we receive the garment from our master tailors and prior to your 2nd fitting.
Payment can be provided with a credit or debit card during the first fitting or paid via an invoice that is emailed to you shortly after your appointment.
Garment production begins once the initial payment is received.
How does your process work?
First fittings take about an hour. 18th Amendment will guide you through all the decisions that go into making your suit and then we conduct the initial fitting, taking up to 30 Body measurements to ensure a proper fit.
Your suit is then delivered and we contact you for a second fitting. During this fitting we assess what adjustments are needed to your garment and final alterations are completed within 10 business days.
Thereafter, we have your pattern on file for re-ordering. Making any changes to your pattern is very simple.
Which fabrics do you offer?
18th Amendment features over 30,000 fabrics from many of the world’s finest mills including Fox Brothers, Holland & Sherry, Dormeuil, Loro Piana, Harrisons of Edinburgh, WBill, Caccioppoli, Huddersfield Textiles, Hardy Minnis, Drapers and more. We tend to recommend fabrics with great performance and a luxurious finish that suits our clients everyday needs. We also carry exceptional ultra-luxurious fabrics such as 100% cashmere, camel hair, vicuna fabrics for blazers and overcoats. Discuss all of these options with your clothier.
How long is your turnaround time?
Our standard turnaround time, from the date payment is received to final delivery of your garment, is 6-8 weeks including alterations.
Can a Clothier travel for a fitting?
As we continue to build our sales team and hire clothiers around the country there may be some cities we just might not be able to staff. In that event we have two options:
- Currently, we hold 3 trunk show tours per year during which Angel Ramos travels around the country visiting 8 major cities for private fittings. If a client is located in one of those cities and we do not have a local Clothier, this would be a great option.
- If there is no local Clothier in a client’s city, and a client happens to live in a city that is currently not part of our trunk show tour, then your next option is a private visit. We will travel to a client privately for a fitting with a guaranteed minimum purchase of $12,500, with an upfront security deposit of $2500 that gets applied to the client’s order.
* Keep in mind that although minimum purchase is $12,500, regardless of what a client orders, we will first make one garment of each (suit, jacket, trouser, shirt, etc.) to ensure the fit and pattern is proper then release the remaining order into production.
What does 18th Amendment advise regarding wear and tear on a garment?
Wear and tear is normal and eventually un-avoidable. 18th Amendment is not responsible for wear and tear of a garment. Clients are advised to please read the garment care advice and take caution from our Clothiers to prolong the life of the garment. Some specific wear and tear is a result of certain behaviors, habits and body shapes. Clients are advised to consult with our Clothier for the most appropriate cloth if wear is expected in certain areas. Trouser wear in the crotch is reasonably common for some men who rub in this area. Clients should please note that more delicate and luxurious cloths will fail quickly in these conditions.
How does 18th Amendment handle returns and refunds?
18th Amendment is committed to our customers’ satisfaction with respect to the garment's quality and fit. Because garments are made to a customer's specific fit, returns will not be accepted. If the client is not thrilled with the fit of a garment once it is made by our master tailors, we will alter it to fit the client’s preferences. In rare instances where there is an improper fit due to a mistake in the production of the garment that cannot be fixed through normal alterations, we will remake the garment at our cost.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Placement of an order indicates the client’s acceptance of these terms and conditions. 18th Amendment reserves the right to make changes to these terms and conditions at any time.
- By ordering or registering on eighteenthamendment.com, the client grants 18th Amendment the right to add his or her contact details to our database. From time to time we may contact clients about offers and new products. Clients can easily be removed from our marketing communications list by either unsubscribing or contacting our Customer Service at email@example.com.
- All orders placed are subject to acceptance. 18th Amendment reserves the right, at all times and at our sole discretion, to refuse to accept an order for any reason and without liability to the client.
- 18th Amendment will alter garments to ensure proper fit, for up to three month from the time of delivery. 18ht Amendment is not responsible for adjustments needed to a garment that are due to significant change in build.
- Estimated delivery times are to be used as a guide only and commence from the date of dispatch. We are not responsible for any delays caused by destination customs clearance processes.
- The client is responsible for inspecting the goods for fault and notifying us within 7 days of receiving the goods should there be a fault.
- The client confirms that he/she is authorized to use the credit card/debit card whose details you enter. All credit /debit cards are subject to validation checks and authorization by the card issuer. If the issuer of a client’s card refuses to authorize payment we will not accept the order.
- In the event a product is listed with incorrect price or other incorrect information, 18th Amendment shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed with incorrect information.